Now is the time to get involved in the Nutrition Education for the Public (NEP) DPG and serve with this dynamic group!
The NEP DPG nominating committee is seeking candidates for the 2019 ballot for volunteer leaders to serve in a role beginning June 1, 2019. DPG leadership is a great way to share your talents, gain professional development and grow your professional network. Nominate yourself or a colleague for any of the following positions.
Open positions for the Executive Committee and Leadership Team (detailed descriptions below):
- Chair-Elect – serves 3 years (2019-2022)
- Treasurer – serves 2 years (2019-2021)
- Nominating Committee (two positions) – 2 years as Chair-Elect, Chair (2019-2021), 1 year as a Committee Member (2019-2020)
To nominate yourself or a colleague please send a resume along with a brief statement explaining why you want to run for the elected position (insert specific position) to the Nominating Committee (emails below) by October 15, 2018. Upon receipt of your email, a member of the Nominating Committee will reach out to learn more about your interests and will provide updates on next steps.
Traci Causey – email@example.com
Lisa Shkoda – firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle James – email@example.com
Chair-elect (serves for one year then assumes the office of Chair followed by Past Chair):
- Performs the functions of the office of Chair in the Chair's absence or when the Chair is unable to perform the functions as determined by the Executive Committee,
- Works with the Treasurer in order to prepare the POW (Program of Work) for the term of office as Chair,
- Plans, organizes and coordinates educational programs with the Professional Education Chair, and
- Performs other duties as specified in the current job description or as designated by the Executive Committee.
Treasurer (serves two consecutive years):
- Reviews monthly financial reports and investigates any discrepancies,
- Approves expenses using the designated Academy system,
- Monitors financial status against the budget and makes recommendations for changes,
- Works closely with the Chair and Chair-Elect to prepare the annual POW and budget, and submits the final budget for approval, and
- Performs other duties as designated by the Executive Committee.
Nominating Committee (2):
- Two Nominating Committee members are elected on the DPG ballot yearly. The Chair-elect of the Nominating Committee is the candidate who receives the majority of the ballots cast.
- The Committee consists of: Nominating Committee Chair, Nominating Committee Chair-elect, and one other elected member who will serve one year on the committee only.
- The Nominating Committee will function as defined in the Guiding Principles and help recruit leadership for future years.
The NEP Election will take place February 1 – February 15, 2019.