Recipe - Sweet Winter Squash and Apple Bisque
A warm, delicious soup is perfect for a cold winter night. Enjoy this sweet and savory soup by NEP DPG member, Kelly Sloan.
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1 cup celery, chopped
2 medium apples (green or red), diced
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a baking sheet, spread out butternut squash and drizzle 2 tbsp coconut oil over the top. Mix well to evenly coat the cubes.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until butternut squash is soft.
4. In a saucepan, add remaining 1 tbsp coconut oil, apples, and celery. Saute for 2 minutes. Add cooked butternut squash to saucepan and mix well.
5. Saute for about 3-5 minutes, or until celery and apples are soft.
6. Add ingredients into a blender. Add milk and blend until smooth.
7. Top with sunflower seeds, cranberries, and ground cinnamon. Serve hot and enjoy!
Have a recipe you want to share in our Celebrate Food section? E-mail Past-Chair Pauline Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe and photo. We love to share members' ideas.