Recipe - Zucchini Lasagna
Enjoy this tasty, comforting recipe from NEP DPG member Sharon Lutheran!
Makes 4 large servings
- 1 large zucchini, cut lengthwise in thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Chop onion and add ground beef. Cook for about 5-8 minutes until browned. Add marinara sauce, oregano and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Mix ricotta cheese and egg in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Add one layer of zucchini slices to baking dish. Cover with half the meat sauce.
5. Add a second layer of zucchini slices. Cover with ricotta mixture and half of mozzarella cheese.
6. Add a third layer of zucchini slices. Cover with the other half of the meat sauce, half of the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking for 15 minutes until the top is golden.