Recipe - Roasted Dijon Asparagus
May is National Asparagus Month! Enjoy this delicious and simple to prepare asparagus dish from NEP DPG member Caitlin Mellendorf.
Roasted Dijon Asparagus
- 4 fresh asparagus spears
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon style mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
1. Wash asparagus. Bend each spear until the woody bottom end snaps off naturally. Reserve tops of spears.
2. In a bowl, toss oil with asparagus. Spread into an even layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake at 400F for 5-10 minutes or until spears are slightly brown.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (vinegar through pepper) except cheese.
5. Remove asparagus from the oven and pour vinegar mixture over. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Nutrition analysis (per serving): 60 calories, 5g fat, 100mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g protein