Recipe - Chocolate Chip Muffins
Need a quick breakfast or snack? Bake a batch of these muffins, freeze, then grab and go. Thanks to Bridgit Corbett, NEP Chair-Elect for sharing her recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottom only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy).
3. Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.